Looking for some cute DIY summer time jewelry? You’re going to love this DIY Watermelon Necklace!
When I saw these cute little wood stickers at the store, I knew I had to do a DIY. But I wanted to make something useful and adorable. Let’s face it, most of us love to make things that are also practical! So many thoughts came to mind, but I narrowed it down to this cute little DIY watermelon necklace.
Follow along and watch how I transform these items into something I would wear all summer long!
- Dollar Tree wood slices
- Paint color of your choice
- Matching scrap materials or ribbon
- Wire or jewelry wire to make tassel and feed beads through
- Beads of choice (optional)
- Surebond or gorilla jewelry glue
- Chain to hang tassel from
- jump ring
Let’s Get Started!
1. Paint your slices of wood to look like watermelons.
2. Cut tassel material or ribbon to desired length. Mine are 12 inches
3. Cut wire long enough to twist your tassel in and feed your beads through
4. Lay wood slices on material or felt and draw circle
5. Put jewelry glue on back of slice of wood and glue material on.
6. Wait for glue to set and apply a jump ring.
7. Then feed chain through to desired length.
There you have it! An adorable summer watermelon necklace. This Dollar Tree DIY was so much fun to create. As you can see I love black and white! It compliments almost any other combination of colors.
Did you like this DIY? Check out the rest of my blog for more crafts!
Follow along on Facebook for more crafting, fun, and faith-based content!
If you want access to exclusive DIYs, offers, and printables join my DIY community!
And don’t forget to join my email list below for the latest updates. Plus, you’ll get a free seasonal printable!