Like this watermelon salad recipe? Check out the rest of my blog!
If you love what we do, do us a favor and….
Pin It For Later
If you are looking for the perfect Watermelon Salad Recipe that’s easy and fun to make, you’ll love this recipe!
I love watermelon season, you know summer is near when the stores and produce stands start selling watermelons. There is just something about cutting into a cold watermelon on a hot summer day that is so refreshing and always hits the spot for me!
Picking the perfect melon:
I grew up picking produce in the fields, so because I have learned how to pick sweet watermelons since I was 10 years old, I can tell you exactly what watermelon to get. You will need to pick a yellow belly watermelon with brown markings on it, this is because white a belly watermelons are not as sweet.
I prefer seedless watermelon for my salads, but you can make it with seeds if that is your preference. You can also add other fruits of your liking, it is totally up to you!
- You will need to cut your watermelon into cubes. Ingredients include 3 lb watermelon that is seedless, chilled 8 oz FETA cheese crumbles – sheep’s milk feta, 3/4 cup fresh basil that is chopped, 1/2 cup of mint, and 1 avocado.
- For Dressing- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 limes juiced, some salt for taste; I added about 1 ½ teaspoon, and 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper.
- If you cannot find seedless watermelon, buy watermelon with seeds and while cutting them into cubes, remove the seeds from it.
- You mix all the dressing and place in a separate container, that way you can sprinkle on the desired amount.
- Place all other ingredients in with the watermelon. You can then put your freshly made salad on a plate or in serving bowl, you can also add other fruits as well for additional taste.
Please let me know if you give this recipe a try, it is one of my favorites for family gatherings and BBQ’s. Not to mention that watermelon is delicious alone, make sure to check out my blog for other amazing recipes!
Brenda Hulslander says
I enjoy watching you and all your fabulous craft ideas. You ROCK….watching you tonight
I love watermelon! This looks delicious.
Sheila Duncan says
Can’t wait to try this. Not sure what the brown markings should look like?
Madlyn Berkland says
watermelon salad looks great. Can’t wait to try it.
Tonia Krautlarger says
I love watermelon. Thanks for the belly tip.